Since many of you were away or busy over the Bank Holiday weekend in England, I thought I’d just take a few minutes to reprise “the events” of the past few days — in bullet points, to prevent me from waffling on too much!
- Saturday. If I Never launched and promptly sold out on Amazon.co.uk.
- Many people turned up on Twitter, letting me know where they were getting their books from, who had had theirs dispatched and who, even, had already received theirs!
- As Amazon was sold out, started directing people over to Book Depository. Said site promptly crashed (not sure if we were actually responsible, but I claimed it anyway!)
- Posted the first question in the If I Never competition.
- Sunday. Knackered after the busy day before, I nevertheless posted my first “Ask the Author” podcast.
- Monday. Posted the second question in the If I Never competition. An interview with me was also featured on the Fuel Your Writing website.
Today has been fairly quiet. I finished yet another interview (with some really fascinating questions you won’t want to miss… trust me!) this morning and sent out more promotional material.
So it only remains to post the third question in the If I Never competition. This one is a little easier. Especially if you know the answer 😉
Which 1962 novel, set in an asylum, explores the possibilities and effects of subtly coercive discipline and the emasculation of men in society?
(Incidentally — if you’re having problems with the questions, for heaven’s sake Google them. Like your teacher used to tell you way, way back, if you don’t know the answer, look it up! 😉 )
A sample chapter of If I Never can be read here.
To buy your copy of If I Never, please click here.