“The statements admitted to be false included:
- That Sir Salman was locked in a room by protection officers because of his objectionable attitude towards them.
- That protection officers who asked Sir Salman if they could buy alcohol from him were charged for the drinks.
- That Sir Salman sought to profit from the fatwa inviting Muslims to kill him for insulting the prophet Muhammad.
- That he sought and was advised by the Intelligence Services not to publish a book about his experiences.
- That safe houses were provided for Sir Salman at government expense, rather than having to provide them himself at great personal expense.
- That the relationship between Sir Salman and his protection teams was unprofessional, hostile and unfriendly.
- That Sir Salman was unhygienic and suicidal and was being supervised or examined by a police psychiatrist.
- That Elizabeth West became his girlfriend and then his wife because of Sir Salman’s wealth.”
So, basically, there probably isn’t all that much of the book left to buy. I certainly won’t be spending any money on it, that’s for sure.