Today saw me:
- Hitting the 55,000 word mark with Children of the Resolution. Chapter Nine of seventeen (plus prologue and epilogue) is almost complete and I’m generally happy with the way in which the tone is darkening as Carl grows older. The latest Marisa and Carl scene may need trimming, but that apart, all is pretty much as it should be at this point.
- Taking a well-earned trip to Whitby. A glorious spring/almost summer day and, predictably, the crowds were out. I came to the conclusion that Whitby isn’t the Whitby I love when it’s all sunny and crowded. A fine drizzle and a winter wind. That’s what Whitby requires to properly work for me.
- Wondering if I can write a truly disturbing literary novel about the UFO/alien abduction “phenomenon”.
- Jiggling over the bumps to Grinkle Park.
- Eating pizza.
- Looking forward to putting my brain in neutral and watching The Bionic Woman (it fits quite nicely with Kurzweil’s The Singularity is Near — in fact, Kurzweil is far more “out there”.)