Something I’ve discovered recently is just how popular the word “thong” is as a search term. It seems it’s guaranteed to attract a few hits, at least. With this in mind, I will from now on be dropping the word thong into my posts wherever possible. Be warned!
Seriously, though, there are a few things pending that I need to cover today — for fear, if I don’t, of provoking the wrath of Mike. I say “a few things”, but really there’s only a couple.
An Announcement Concerning the Idiosyncratica Group.
I was discussing recently with Mike just how the group should work and we came up with a few… guidelines (I don’t like the words “rules” — that isn’t what this is about — but for it to work successfully, we all need to be reading from the same page.)
- We have decided to limit ourselves to a specific number of members. I think an upper limit of about twenty is about right, but I’m open to suggestions.
- A new member must be recommended by an existing member.
- Members must participate in group postings and activities. Slackers will be encouraged to get involved. If they don’t co-operate, we may have to send Lottie around to pay them a visit.
- For the time being, we aren’t setting up a group website. Frankly, I don’t think there is any real need. We all have enough blogs to check as it is, I’m sure. Therefore, updates will be posted on this blog. All members of the group should, ideally, be checking the blogs of other group members on a regular basis but whether you do this or not (I really hope you do!) you should at least regularly check here for group announcements and group tasks.
Suggestions are, of course, always welcome.
Meme Me a Meme.
Mike works in local government so, consequently, he doesn’t have a great deal to do other than think of new ways to annoy his blogging friends
This is his latest effort:
The way the meme works is this:
- Go to the latest comment you have from someone else. Go to the blog of the person who made it. If that person doesn’t have a blog, go to the next one.
- Click the latest comment on that blog from someone else. Go to the blog of the person who made it. If that person doesn’t have a blog, go to the next one.
- Do this again until you have gone six blogs away. If anyone on the way doesn’t have a latest comments widget, just pick the first comment you see.
- Post about it. Tag at least a couple of other people.
I tag Will and Hayley.